Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Depart Without Regret - Be One With God


   As my mind starts to turn towards preparing to leave, I've been struggling to find the words to express all that this trip has brought for me.

I wanted to say something about reconnecting with many deeply loved friends, some whom I haven't seen for many years.  Those kinds of friendships where words are not needed, and sitting in silence side by side with someone while they let it all unravel, connects you in a way much deeper then years of superficial chatter.
I wanted to acknowledge the many new friends I have been blessed to meet here, but I'm not sure there are words to express the joy of witnessing new seeds of fellowship sprouting up, and the wonderment of meeting someone for the first time and feeling like you've known them for years.

Or I could write about reconnecting again and again with this deep and transformative practice, and the awe I feel each morning as I surrender to what IS.  This practice opens my heart, and touches my spirit in ways I cannot explain.  It is like beholding a miracle that takes place each morning as I watch the peeling layers of myself falling away.

I could talk about many things... the magic of India, the beauty of this practice, finding peace within the chaos, and a little space within a small corner of time where I can breathe freely and connect more deeply to myself, and to God.


I'm not sure that there are the words for me to convey the depth of gratitude I feel whenever I reflect on my time here in India.  This focused period of practice has been both intense and refreshing, and from it I will be forever changed.

I read something recently that I feel expresses more completely some of what India has been teaching me over the past three months in numerous and inexplicable ways...  

Relax without laziness
Focus without tension
Perceive without projecting
Witness without judging
Enjoy without craving
Reflect without imagining
Love without condition
Give without demanding
Receive without possessing
Serve without self-seeking
Challenge without dominating
Meditate without identity
Correct without blaming
Overcome without pride
Laugh without cynicism
Cry without pity
Confront without hatred
Guide without superiority
Be without self-defining
Live without arrogance
Enter without self-importance
Depart without regret
Be one with God

Mooji

February 2014


No comments: